Still can’t decide which instrument to pick? For the best decision, you have to consider what makes your heart happy when you imagine playing a musical instrument. Choosing from the various instruments available can be confusing if you don’t know what you really want.
Learning how to play the violin is one of the best options you can choose from. There are types of violins that can be fun to learn – from the classical to electric violins. Check out the following reasons to opt for a violin:
- It’s rewarding once you learn to play the violin. One of the most difficult stringed instruments to master is the violin. Beginners usually get turned off by the squeaking of each bow stroke and the complex coordination of fingers to be learned. If you get past these challenging lessons, then you are a musical genius.
- There seems to be an emotional connection between the string and the bow while using finger pressure in order to produce the right vibration to create melody. When you play the violin, especially the classical pieces, it’s like you’re brought to the medieval times.
- It’s a joyful experience to hear the blending of different sound qualities and notes. In fact, it’s one of the best perks of learning to play an instrument such as the violin. Some musicians even feel that it’s a spiritual experience to be able to play with others.
- It improves your posture. Your core is important when playing violin. If you don’t engage your core while playing this instrument, then you are not doing it right. For instance, if you sit while playing the violin, make sure that you upper body is held securely upright.
- Playing violin will challenge a person’s dexterity. Unlike piano, playing the violin requires different tasks for your left and right hands. The left hand is busy pressing on the fingerboard while holding the instrument. On the other hand, the right is working on the bow. It’s a challenging activity when it comes to physical coordination while it also exercises your brain.
Choosing the violin and learning how to play it is a major decision because it’s one of the essential instruments in the orchestra. In addition, violins usually get more solo performances than other stringed instruments. If you’re planning to have a lifelong career as a musician, this is the best option for you.
Violins are well-loved instruments. It has a rich classical history in the music scene. Opting for a violin is the first step to becoming one of the extraordinary musicians in the world.